Our client based in Dublin 1 is seeking a Publishing/Copy Editor to join their Communications Team. Familiarity with the basics of Adobe InDesign and/or equivalent program such as QuarkXpress is essential.
€30,117 - €45,007 (Clerical Officer Grade)
Hybrid working available after a probationary period
The successful candidate will support the work of the publications team which produces their magazine, conference documents, reports, member updates and merchandise. This is an ideal
Duties & Responsibilities
- Possess an excellent work ethic with a positive ‘can do’ attitude.
- Demonstrate excellent copy-editing/sub-editing skills and general writing ability, including a strong knowledge of punctuation, grammar and spelling.
- Demonstrate a familiarity with the basics of graphic design and an interest in developing expertise in this area over time. Familiarity with the basics of Adobe InDesign and/or equivalent program such as QuarkXpress is essential.
- Maintain excellent IT skills, preferably with proficiency in the following publications: Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator and PageSuite.
- Maintain effective organisational and administrative skills, prioritising workflow to meet operational objectives on a regular basis.
- Work collaboratively with team members within the communications section and across the organisation.
- Exercise sound judgement in all aspects of the work undertaken in this role.
Skills & Attributes required
- Responsibility for preparing content for company’s publications, including layout, editing, proofreading and basic design work.
- Provision of administrative support to the team, including liaising with external vendors - preparing labels and packing lists, arranging payment/ publication copies for contributors
- Management of the company’s stock of publications and merchandise, including placing orders when necessary.
- Tracking income and expenditure cost control sheets
- Coordinating publication of the digital version of the magazine.
- Providing back-up support with e-newsletters/ advertising and other tasks as required.