Dublin 2 Legal Practice
This role provides support services to a team comprising two Solicitors and two more senior Legal Executives.
• Phone Calls
o Handle incoming & outgoing phone calls promptly.
o Record relevant incoming & outgoing calls in the Call Notes facility on the Keyhouse system in order to document all activity pertaining to a case & keep the system file up to date.
o Handle incoming & outgoing emails promptly.
o Issue emails pertaining to case files from the Keyhouse system email facility.
o Update physical & electronic files with any relevant information from emails as required.
• Diary Management
o Organise meetings, appointments or other events for cases, as requested by Legal Executive.
o Organise meeting facilities & notify the relevant parties in advance as requested.
o Review post with Legal Executive & progress assigned post as instructed.
o Scanning of incoming post and reports to the Keyhouse system
o Issue any outgoing post as required.
o Review & update/finalise any completed dictation received from the Legal Typists/ Legal Executive, & issue as requested.
• Physical Case Files
o Maintain physical file information by ensuring all post & other documentation is filed in a timely manner, as instructed.
o Print required case documentation to add to physical files (minimising printed materials where possible), as instructed.
o Close out physical files when completed & organise shipment to offsite storage facility, if requested.
• Electronic Case Files (Keyhouse System)
o Utilise the system Task List to document & plan case activities as required.
o Maintain electronic file information by ensuring that all relevant documentation is scanned onto the system as required, using the correct templates & naming conventions, as requested.
o Update call/meeting information using the relevant system facilities.
• Company Spreadsheets
o Update case related data in the relevant Company spreadsheet, if requested.
o Ensure all Company spreadsheets are ready for Client submission in advance of deadline, if requested.
o Maintain any spreadsheets and reports as requested by Legal Executive.
• Client Management
o Liaise with Clients in relation to case files, if requested.
o Cultivate/ maintain a professional & helpful relationship with Clients at all times.
In order to successfully perform this role, the following skills/ knowledge are necessary:
• Law degree or Secretary/Executive qualification/ experience would be desirable
• Good typing skills are crucial even though there will be support from a typing pool
• Very proficient in MS Word, Excel & Outlook, experience with a case management system such as Keyhouse would be a significant advantage.
• An excellent capacity to communicate orally and in writing, in the English language is essential to the role. Good spelling, grammar & legal terminology knowledge essential.
• Numeracy is important to the role as it will involve managing fee notes and creating of invoices.
• A personable nature and professional phone manner are very important to this role.
• The successful candidate must be a strong team player, with good self-management, especially time management skills
• Attention to detail is important to this role.