Group Tax Accountant – Ireland
Our Client is a very large construction materials group - it operates two cement plants and an extensive network of quarries, asphalt plants and ready-mixed concrete plants, together with slate production, concrete and clay products manufacturing and highway maintenance operations.
We are assisting them with the recruitment of a Group Tax Accountant, please read on for more details:
Flexible working is provided – based in Belfast, Kinnegad, Ballycoolin but must have ROI tax experience.
€80,000 basic + Car Allowance
STIP is 10%
5% contrib pension
25 days Annual Leave
Will report into Tax in the UK with dotted line to FDs (x2) in Ireland
RCT and VAT is a very important focus for the role
Duties in the position:
- Supporting our businesses in all aspects of taxation
- Assisting with year-end current and deferred tax provisioning and statutory disclosures
- Collating detailed tax information to enable external advisors to prepare corporation tax computations and returns
- Review and submission of VAT and RCT returns
- Calculation of payments on account
- Reviewing and documenting existing tax processes and controls, and assisting with the identification and implementation of improvements
- Providing regular ad hoc advice to the business, including around BIK taxes, CIS, landfill tax, cross-border working, implementation of Northern Ireland Protocol etc.
- Supporting R&D tax credit claim process
- Analysing the impact of and implementing change arising from new tax legislation
- Helping integrate acquired businesses into the Group’s tax processes
- Preparing and presenting tax training to the business as required
- You will hold a relevant qualification and demonstrable experience of Irish taxes, although you do not need to have experience of all taxes to be considered.
- UK tax experience is also highly desirable
- You do not have to be based either at, or close to, any of our businesses’ but you would be working closely with our people at these sites regularly with occasional travel to our Group head office in the UK.
- You will enjoy working with others across the organisation, occasionally at pace, and forming strong relationships based on mutual trust.
- You will be able to manage the competing deadlines and expectations of the teams you are working with.
- You will be proactive and have a genuine desire to make things better and be prepared to work with the business to achieve this.