COMMERICAL MANAGER (Freight) – Dublin 1
Reed Recruitment is assisting our Client in their search for a Commercial Manager working in Freight Services. You will need to manage the Dublin sales team on a daily basis & lead the expansion of their services across the group.
The right candidate for this position will be a self-starter that has commercial experience in the logistics industry with a background in operations and sales. The responsibility involves ensuring that we plan to deliver against forecast and manage customer orders as an end to end process.
Identify business opportunities and develop customer relationships with clients across a range of sectors to ensure long term volume growth. The role is responsible for client management to maximise potential and working closely with customer service team to ensure smooth transition of accounts. Manage & Mentor the Irish Sales team and work effectively with all other members of the Commercial and Trade teams to maximise the success of attracting and maintaining across trade areas as well as communicating and reporting as required.
Key Responsibilities, desired skills and experience of Role:
- Identify new business opportunities.
- Proven & demonstrable experience in sales / management environment.
- In depth knowledge of Short sea shipping.
- Achieve budget targets on all trades.
- Provide timely and accurate sales reports and statistics.
- Account management, Customer-focused, Relationship building.
- Ability to progress the commercial interests of the business.
- To ensure that all cargo movements are administered correctly.
- Min 5 years’ experience at sales/commercial level.
- Educated to 3rd level in a relevant discipline.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Continuous improvement mindset, always striving for excellence
- Strong influencing skills.