Area Sales Manager
Our client is an International and global leader in the design and manufacture of air filtration systems and the associated products and services. Due to continued growth, they are currently seeking an experienced Sales Leader to join their team.
This is a Full-Time, Permanent Position (fully remote working covering all of Ireland) – International and Domestic travel will be required.
Under the direction of the IAQ Head of Sales you will be responsible for approaching the Ireland industry by achieving the annual sales and aftermarket goals.
- Demonstrable experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Previous experience gained in an Air Filtration business would be advantageous.
- Full driving licence and valid Passport due to required travel.
- Proven sales or other commercial business experience. Preferably in a manufacturing environment or industrial distribution.
- Experience in developing new markets.
- Experience in sales of industrial products with short and middle cycle time.
- Ability to manage multiple commercial opportunities / tasks efficiently.
- Ability to qualify requests for quotations - investigate/determine customers buying motives and economic justification criteria, map decision makers/influencers, understand funding process.
- Experience of building compelling Value Proposition based upon qualification process.
- Experience of negotiating terms and conditions.
- Successful experience with high value-added product selling, pricing, negotiating, and channel management.
- BEng / BSc Mechanical Engineering (or equivalent engineering discipline/experience).
- IMechE status.
- Multi-lingual a positive advantage. (French and Spanish).
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Execute annual goals and objectives of the Sales and Marketing plan for the Industrial Air Quality business unit, within assigned region, to suit the business growth plan.
- Develop relationships with new customers through personal meetings, presentations, and seminars.
- Plan and direct regional business activities to exceed regional bookings and sales goals.
- Provide a 3 -12 month rolling Bookings Forecast for assigned region, on a monthly basis.
- Implement sales promotions and marketing programs for assigned region, as directed by sales management.
- Maintain strong, accurate and current sales pipeline for the region, within Salesforce.
- Handle custom product enquiries, while encouraging the sale of standard products wherever possible.
- Manage individual Agent/Reseller/OEM/ End User sales performance to exceed bookings and sales quotas, while monitoring quoting activities, follow-up and closing success/loss.
- Participate in technical and commercial discussions with customers.
- Focus on strategic Key Markets for new opportunities.
- Locate new uses and new markets for products and recommend distribution channels for them.