My client, a leading manufacturing company for the construction industry are seeking a Business Development Executive to join their team.
This is a new role for the Republic of Ireland. The role will be based in Swords, Co. Dublin but will require regional travel as per the business needs. The ideal candidate will come from a construction or manufacturing background.
Salary – up to €55,000, bonus scheme and benefits on offer
Monday to Friday, 8.00am – 5.00pm
Company Car/Car Allowance
Regional role – Office based in Swords
To effectively assist the management and development of customer accounts for Segmental Retaining Walls and ensure that sales and profitability targets are exceeded.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
• To improve sales revenue and profitability of retaining wall product customer accounts in ROI
• To identify potential customers not trading with the business or not trading to full potential and deliver plans for winning the business
• To identify and share leads with colleagues for selling other products (including roads & civils, facing brick and hard-landscaping products)
• To report to and closely work with the Product Group Manager to ensure effective site visits, sample delivery and CRM updating
• To generate quotations through the Internal Sales Team and AX
• To maintain and develop leads on CRM including ‘Hot Projects’ and report on these on a weekly basis
• Promote AATTEX Wall Grid 65/20 for use in engineered wall schemes
• Partake in and coordinate onsite ‘Tool box talks’ regarding retaining wall best practice
• To work as an effective member of the external sales team
• To work effectively with all other functions of the business including credit control and despatch to ensure the highest level of customer service
• To positively influence customers’ perceptions of the company and promote the company as being the supplier of choice for concrete products
• To act as an ambassador for the company and promote the company’s values at all times
• Any other duties and tasks commensurate with the role and/ or as required by the Directors of the Company and within the employee capabilities.
Skills & Attributes required
• 5 years’ experience of successfully selling products within the manufacturing/construction industry
• Experience of working in a busy sales/customer focused environment.
• Experience of working to deadlines and exceeding sales targets.
• Excellent communication and problem solving skills
• Ability to recognise commercial opportunities and develop new business
• Technically competent
• Strong networker
• Positive attitude
• Self motivated
• Team worker
• Flexible to work additional hours and make overnight stays away from home, as required - Can travel to and from work areas as and when required