Reed has the pleasure of recruiting for a Trainee Accountant for our client based in Loughrea, Co. Galway. Please read on for more info about this position.
Up to €30k salary
Mentoring - fully supported by our Finance Director, Line Manager & Team
Working in a large finance team who will introduce you to the operating system and daily tasks
Duties in the position
- Help in preparation of periodic management accounts to include preparation of supporting reconciliations and manage all monthly statements.
- Process of invoices monthly.
- Prepare suppliers payments and monthly reports and journals.
- Managing account payable queries.
- Maintaining confidentiality of the department and using discretion where necessary.
- Ensuring that procedures are carried out carefully and accurately to eliminate errors.
- Ensuring good relations and communications with all members of the finance team and responding politely and in a timely fashion to customers.
- Working with all members of staff to maintain and develop a positive culture.
- Observing and complying with company Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Coordinating with sales team in regard to RCT suppliers & client recharges.
Ability to work as part of a management team.
Commitment to a high quality service.
Critical thinking and problem solving skills.
Planning and organising, decision-making.
Delegation, team work.
Flexibility and adaptability.
Good IT skills.
Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritise a demanding workload.
This list is not exhaustive but gives a clear indication of the scope and nature of work.
Other responsibilities may be added as the post evolves and develops.