Legal Secretary / Executive
Dublin 7 Firm
General practice legal firm, looking to recruit a legal secretary or legal executive based in their busy, expanding Dublin office.
With previous experience working in a legal firm, the successful candidate will
Have the ability to progress files / cases on using their own judgement / knowledge.
Have experience of residential and commercial conveyancing
Have a strong working knowledge of Land Registry and Property Registration Matters
Ability to work as part of a team, to think on their feet, assist colleagues and react quickly
Be self-motivated and flexible
The Dublin office is a busy, dynamic team with a strong work ethic. The team work independently but are always ready to support each other, depending on the current priority. The individual we recruit will want to be a part of this team, but with a strong personal drive to succeed.
Salary Flexible depending upon experience.
• Managing and being responsible for the conveyancing files
• Ability to work independently with a view to progressing files
• Working with and providing support for solicitors, completing administration tasks as required
• Liaising with clients and third parties including lending institutions, management companies/agents, Property Registration Authority, local authorities etc. as required to progress the matter or as requested by supervising solicitor
• Good file management ensuring compliance with AML, data security guidelines and legislation
• Managing files on our Practice Management System (Practice Evolve) to ensure files are updated and maintained
• Filing Stamp Duty returns and other enquiries online via Ros;
• Preparing applications for registration in the Registry of Deeds and the Land Registry including First Registration applications and replying to registration queries arising;
• Scanning, photocopying, filing and archiving documentation and correspondence
• Drafting of bills, apportionment and completion statements and invoicing
• Drafting completion documentation
• Drafting other legal documents as required
• Dealing with completion and post-completion matters
• Scheduling title deeds to be sent to lending institutions
• Ad hoc tasks as required
• Have relevant work experience as a Legal Executive in a law firm based in Ireland; Conveyancing/property experience is essential.
• Ability to work on own initiative but also as part of a team, willingness to help out colleagues where required
• Have strong IT skills and can demonstrate an ability to work with a case management system (experience of Practice Evolve a preference but not essential);
• Advanced MS Office Skills;
• Ability to prioritise workload with excellent attention to detail
• Comfortable with assisting in all stages of property transactions including post-completion
• Excellent organisational skills
• Strong work ethic