Dublin 8 Firm
The purpose of the position of Receptionist is to manage all aspects of Reception and duties associated with said position.
Duties include but are not limited to:
Staffing Reception/managing phone calls and ensuring calls are directed to the relevant staff member as per the firm’s procedures
Meeting and greeting clients and visitors
Assisting clients with phone/face-to-face enquiries
Ensuring Reception and client waiting area are maintained in a neat and tidy fashion at all times
Recording of deliveries, including client documentation in accordance with the firm’s procedures
Arranging appointments for solicitors and ensuring same are entered into calendars
Creating files and inputting relevant data into the case management system
Processing of legal aid claims
Providing administrative support to solicitors when required
Any other duties as required
In addition to your normal duties you may be required by the Partners, Office Manager or nominated person to undertake other duties from time to time.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
DESIRABLE BUT NOT ESSENTIAL
1. Leaving Certificate or equivalent
2. ECDL or equivalent
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE ANDABILITIES
1. 1 to 2 years demonstrated experience in Receptionist role, preferably in a legal environment
2. Competence and empathy in written, phone and face-to-face communications together with the capacity to deal with clients who are in stressful situations.
3. Proven ability to operate windows based programs, perform word processing and typing, including digital dictation typing, with speed of >40wpm and accuracy.
4. Proven ability to prioritise, complete tasks and meet deadlines with a minimum of supervision and at a high level of efficiency and confidentiality.
5. Demonstrated knowledge and proven ability in reception functions, including data input and records/file management.
6. Proven ability to work as a member of a team.