Ideally, we are looking for someone with a minimum of 8 years PQE (other PQEs would be considered) with a solid and proven track record in professional indemnity work with a particular emphasis on construction claims.
The main remit of the role
Understanding client requirements and providing practical answers to problems whilst ensuring best practice and technical accuracy at all times is crucial in this role. The successful candidate will form a key part of a busy team that covers all of the following areas;
Professional indemnity work (all areas), GL claims and Personal /catastrophic injury claims,
It is an exciting opportunity to work within a busy and ambitious team within the Dublin office.
Main function of job:
To assist partners in the effective conduct of cases and to take responsibility for your own caseload under supervision.
Significant contact with insurer and insured and privately funded clients, together with counsel, expert witnesses, the courts and other parties in a very busy and dynamic team.
To contribute actively to practice area targets. To work on client relationship management, business development and assist with the growth of the team and its revenue. The role presents significant opportunities for training, growth and development in a unique team.
• Provide a high quality service to clients in a commercial and professional manner managing, under supervision, a caseload of predominantly complex and/or high value cases, and assisting partners on larger matters.
• Maintain an understanding of the latest developments in Insurance law and wider commercial litigation and to regularly seek to update skills in addition to and outside of the CPD process, sharing learning across the team;
• Be accountable for individual and team financial management ensuring a pro-active approach is taken to meeting individual and team targets;
• Play a proactive role in business development including writing articles, delivering presentations and facilitating seminars;
• Support others to perform to their potential, delegating work, providing technical and strategic advice to more junior fee earners, supervising cases and giving relevant guidance to support the development and progression of others as appropriate. Where appropriate take line management responsibilities;
• Look outside of the Firm for new ways of working and seek to continually challenge and improve internal working practices through the professional application of skills and knowledge;
• Develop strong internal and external working relationships based on trust and respect, ensuring there is regular communication within the practice area/group and with the external clients;
Key skills/knowledge required:
• Qualified lawyer with high level of Insurance expertise and an ability to apply it in a commercial and professional way achieving good results on large/complex cases.
• Ideally the successful candidate will also have expertise in at least one wider area of Insurance law.
• Able to develop the business in terms of both existing and new clients.
• Proven track record of working in an environment with a high level of autonomy and responsibility.
• Effective team player with collaborative and supportive approach.
• Proactive in developing own expertise and skills and in sharing learning with others.