GROUP HR MANAGER - Dublin 15
Our client, a warehousing and freight company based in Dublin 15 is seeking a Group HR Manager. The company has additional depots around Ireland.
Overview of role: Full cycle remit covering employee relations, policies and procedures, recruitment & selection, training & development, compensation & benefits, performance management etc.
Recruitment and Selection
- Ensure the delivery of and advise on all aspects of the recruitment process from role development through to on boarding
- Ensure that remuneration rates and salary set ups for new appointees are in place as appropriate
- Monitor resource trends within the service, advising on recruitment and retention practice and encouraging the effective utilisation of staffing resources through the proactive use of workforce information
- Alert and advise other senior colleagues on employee relations issues arising and proactively participate in their resolution.
- Assist in the management & co-ordination of operational ER issues, which arise e.g. Discipline & Grievance handling and provide relevant advice and support to managers and staff as required
- Ensure that the appropriate induction processes for new staff are identified and implemented as appropriate
Legislative and Regulatory Compliance
- Strong HR Policy and Procedure experience with a proven ability in reviewing developing and monitoring procedures to ensure continued compliance with legislative requirements
- Ensure that employment contracts are issued and managed in line with legislative requirements
- Provide advice and support to the areas in the interpretation and application of terms and conditions of employment and HR policies and procedures.
- Prepare case work and represent accordingly at Labour Court and WRC hearings
- Assist in the development, implementation and maintenance of appropriate systems to facilitate effective HR planning and decision-making
- Work closely with members of the Management team as appropriate in relation to the delivery of HR services
- Provide advice and support to Senior Management in effective workforce planning to ensure there is sufficient capacity and capability within teams to be able to delivery on core objectives
Employee Development & Performance Management
- Lead and operationally manage key HR functions a from a corporate and development perspective.
- Implement talent management initiatives that support the development and retention of high-performing employees.
- Manage the performance of staff, dealing with underperformance in a timely and constructive manner
Health and Safety
- Report using the HSA online interface, if required
- Ensure the Safety Statement is available to all employees and kept current
- Monitor H&S training – manual handling, first aid, fire marshal etc.
Significant multisite or group HR experience in a senior role
A proven ability to develop, manage and deliver effective HR strategies
A 3rd level qualification in Human Resource Management, Professional membership of the CIPD
Candidates must possess the requisite leadership, managerial and administrative knowledge, experience and ability for the proper discharge of the duties of the office.