To manage and develop the Finance Department
To review and improve the accuracy, timeliness, and completeness of all Finance and IT processes and their outputs (including system changes if necessary).
To help develop the company strategy, and to review all areas of profitability and suggest ways to improve it.
- Reviewing and developing Finance and IT procedures as necessary including; month end processes, contractual and legal requirements, and Internal Control mechanisms in accordance with Bill 198 and to ensure best practice is followed.
- Continued development of management information as required by the Leadership Team.
- Production and review of the monthly management accounts in accordance with Group requirements and timescales.
- Review of all balance sheet account reconciliations to ensure completeness and accuracy.
- Production of the annual budget, including regular reviews of performance, highlighting areas of concern, and working with departmental managers to improve profitability.
- Ensure that direct reports have clearly defined roles and objectives, and that they are developed and motivated to achieve the required standards of performance.
- Monitor and review departmental costs and performance against agreed plans and budgets, taking prompt and appropriate action to correct any negative variances.
- Production of statutory accounts and other documentation for the legal entities as directed by Group.
- Overseeing system changes or enhancements as necessary, ensuring that Business Risk is minimised and appropriate controls are in place.
- Involvement in various other projects, ranging from the from review of job costing standards and shop floor performance dashboards, to the preparation of Business Plans for Capex Projects
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
Qualified or passed finalist accountant with minimum 3 years relevant experience.
Ability to communicate at different levels across the business.
Sound knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
Experience in managing people and processes through a sustained period of change.
Change management skills to ensure department processes are challenged and reviewed.
Previous payroll experience and good understanding of UK employment law.