Reed has the pleasure of recruiting for a Financial Accountant for our client – a professional services firm based in Dublin 2. Please read on for more details on this great opportunity.
Salary is DOE
WFH 2 days a week
25 days annual leave
Discretionary annual bonus scheme
TaxSaver and Bike to Work scheme
Professional membership fees
Full gym and wellness programme
Duties in the position:
- Preparation and posting of month end journals, including accruals and prepayments.
- Preparation of month end and quarter end P&L and Balance Sheet reconciliations, including the resolution of any queries or issues arising.
- Supporting the preparation of the annual financial statements to review stage, including liaison with external auditors, and providing the schedules, information and supporting materials necessary to allow the auditors to complete their work in an efficient and satisfactory manner.
- Reviewing outputs from the Accounts Payable, Banking and Accounts Receivable teams and authorising payments.
- Working as part of a team to produce accurate and timely (WD5) monthly management accounts.
- Working with budget holders to produce budgets, forecasts, capex plans and conducting variance analysis, acting as a business partner to our cost centre budget holders.
- Preparation of the annual and quarterly accounts required under the Solicitors’ Regulations, including resolution of any queries or issues.
- Working with our tax function to prepare tax filings (e.g., VAT, Corporation Tax and Partnership Form 1) by providing financial data and analysis to support tax addback and other relevant workings required for complete and accurate tax filing information.
- Contributing to the development of our accounting processes and controls, by challenging existing practices and identifying more efficient or effective ways of working.
- Supporting system changes or enhancements, by participating in working groups, project teams and conducting user acceptance testing etc.