Legal Assistant – Debt Recovery
Law Firm based in Dublin City Centre. They are specialised in Personal Injury and Medical Negligence Litigation.
The start date intended for this role is immediately.
We have a specialist debt recovery department focused on providing an efficient quality service, whilst maintaining excellent client care.
Our paperless office ensures we are systems and procedures driven.
We are people centred and have an empowered workforce.
As part of a new phase of business growth and development, we are seeking an experienced Debt Recovery Legal Assistant. This role offers a fantastic opportunity for a self-motivated individual to join the firm.
The role will have responsibility supporting a Solicitor and Legal Executive in the management of their file portfolios.
The person will have the ability to work in a challenging environment with changing priorities. The role requires a motivated and enthusiastic person with a focus on client care.
Essential skills and experience:
1. Previous debt recovery legal experience with a good knowledge of debt recovery legal procedures and practices (desirable).
2. Excellent communication skills with a friendly manner to enable effective and positive engagement with colleagues, clients etc.
3. Display technical knowledge with a high degree of accuracy and experience of executing instructions and processes.
4. Excellent MS Office and IT skills
5. Strong Typing Skills (ideally 60wpm and high accuracy)
Essential Core Competencies:
1. Highly motivated and confident with the ability to work proactively on their own and within a team.
2. Strong customer focus mindset
3. Reliable and punctual
4. Excellent Time and Priority Management
5. Ability to adhere to the high operational standards of the firm as independently verified by the Institute of Legal Standards & Research
6. Excellent Attention to Detail
Familiar and adept at using legal Case Management systems
Experience: 3-5 years Debt Recovery Litigation
• Management of Daily Tasks for eg.
- Opening New files
- Review of Daily Diary reminders on files- to include constant monitoring of Statute Reminders and risk management
- Daily Calendar Appointments management and scheduling
- Handling and dealing with incoming calls from clients, solicitors, debtors, court offices, etc.
- Ensure rigorous and disciplined file maintenance including data entry specifically focused on contacts, dates, case references, letters, email and memo labelling
- Digital Dictation
- Post review
- Preparing Brief’s for Hearing
- Engrossing Pleadings
- Drafting District Court Pleadings
- Review Diary and Calendar to ensure timely processing of work and use of time
- Attending Court for Hearings/Settlements
• Liaising with Barristers/clients etc re hearing dates.
• Scheduling Client Consultation Meetings on cases.