Plaintiff Litigation Solicitor
Our client is a leading firm in the Plaintiff Litigation Services sector and they are recruiting a Litigation Solicitor.
Do you want to work in an office with leading edge technology to support your work?
Do you want to work in Dublin 2 right in the City Centre?
The start date intended for this role is immediately.
Specific description of the role within the firm
The firm requires all Solicitors to be proactive and fully engaged in their roles as solicitors within the practice.
The following traits are essential:
1. Previous personal injury litigation experience with a good knowledge of litigation procedures and practices.
2. Highly motivated and confident with the ability to work proactively on their own and within a team.
3. Excellent communication skills and a friendly manner to enable effective and positive engagement with colleagues, clients etc.
4. ‘Self-starters’, reliable, display technical ability, to be timely, accurate in all their work and exhibit an ability to execute instructions and processes.
5. Engage in continuous learning including appropriate CPD as required by the law Society.
6. Adhere to the high operational standards of the firm as independently verified by the institute of Legal Standards & Research.
7. Be commercially focused, client focused and standards of operation and to be self-motivated to ‘skill up’ for the job such that they exhibit sound judgement and provide competent legally based judgment.
8. Fluent in Polish desirable
Solicitors Responsibilities & Duties (list is not exhaustive):
To act in a professional manner and carry out the obligations in the contract of employment
To fulfil our obligations as officers of the Court
To run and administer cases in a competent manner
To Review Diary & Calendar to ensure timely processing or work and use of time
To review post and liaise with secretary in regard to the manner in which post can be dealt with through the use of workflows and case management system
To instruct and assist secretaries in dealing with their daily job tasks and any queries that they arise.
To constantly monitor Statute Reminders and risk management
To ensure rigorous and disciplined file maintenance including data entry specifically focused on contacts, dates, case references, letters, email and memo labelling
To attend Court for hearings and Settlements
To continue to review fee income and outstanding bills of costs
Monthly review of accounts with Finance and business owners
To return calls/emails to clients and third party’s within a timely fashion and as specified in the clients service excellent culture statement.
To ensure that all undertakings are complied with in full.
To share case experiences with the litigation team
To implement and adhere to professional service standard criteria operated by the firm