Personal Assistant / Paralegal to support Irish Trade Mark Agent
Are you a great team player, who is passionate about brands and business?
Our client is looking for a diligent and enthusiastic PA / Paralegal to join their brand new Dublin office.
Quality is at the heart of everything we do. We hire great people, and support them with the best classroom and on-the-job training and development in the industry. We have a great culture where employees are seen as people, we treat one another with respect, and we work together to bring out the best in ourselves, every day, for every client. Our clients love that our advice is commercially-led and goes beyond the issue-at-hand: we consider the things that led to it and the downstream implications of it.
• You’re smart, focused, you take great pride in your work.
• You manage your time and energy well.
• You have the ability to manage a busy workload, and organize your calendar in advance.
• You are diligent and careful, even with repetitive tasks.
• You’re capable of prioritizing and can stay on top of a busy email inbox.
• You’re able to work with numbers and language. You are careful filling in forms, you don’t mind editing a spreadsheet or drafting a bill, and you’re quick to spot mistakes when you proof-read letters.
• You’re comfortable with IT. You need excellent word processing and document editing skills as we have some large documents to work with. You can restart your own router and clear a jam in a printer.
• While you work well on your own, you like being part of the team. You contribute positively to making company a helpful, happy environment.
• You have professional interpersonal skills. You bring good manners and good attitude to work every day.
• You’ll have genuine interest in brands and are keen to develop a career in the area of law.
About the Role
The successful candidate will enjoy a varied workload. You’ll be supported to learn everything you need to know, and will complete a number of educational courses. Full training and mentoring will be provided with a blended approach including online and in person sessions.
This role will require regular attendance in our Dublin headquarters. Occasional international travel may be offered as a part of this role. As a part of our growing team, a flexible and responsive approach to work will be expected.
Key responsibilities are listed below:#
• Manage case deadlines and the office diary
• Reporting of trade mark official documents
• Preparing and filing trade mark and design applications
• Drafting specifications of goods / services for trade mark filing
• Reviewing office actions and drafting responses to non-substantive objections
• Prepare and index evidence and supporting documents;
• Preparing cost estimates for trade mark filing and administrative change programmes
• Assisting with transfers and recordals
• Creating records and updating case management database
• Provide online meeting, in-office meeting and telephone support;
• Liaise with clients, associates and other third parties in person, by telephone and email;
• Assist with admin tasks related to the role;
• Participate fully in team activities and training as may be required;
• Assist with travel arrangements as needed;
• A variety of other administrative duties, as may required from time to time.