Reed Recruitment has a fantastic position with our Client, a global FMCG business in Portlaoise, which requires a Financial Controller to join their team. The purpose of this role is to lead the site finance function, ensuring proper financial governance. The role holder will work closely with the Director of Finance, the site management team, and the sales and purchasing teams, in relation to the financial impact of all commercial and operational matters.
Salary: €100 – €105
15% Bonus: company performance (40%) / personal performance (60%)
VHI Allowance of €3,200
Duties in the role:
- Full accountability for the financial and management accounts.
- Provide financial governance and control for all aspects of the site.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of accounting and control methodology and implement processes to ensure the requirements are met across the site.
- Maintain true and accurate financial records and audit trails for all statutory requirements, and internal and external auditing purposes.
- Provide accurate information to group management and internal site departments and meeting all reporting deadlines.
- Support commercial and operational decision making through:
- Standard costing
- KPI reporting
- Yield and efficiency reporting
- Working closely with the purchasing team
- Identifying and implementing IT and business system initiatives
- Strategic Planning
- Capital projects including managing costs and depreciation
- Duty manager responsibility when required
- Ad-hoc projects
- Proactively seek opportunities for continuous improvement throughout the finance department and the business, identifying and implementing best practise initiatives.
- Provide input to the integration strategy and plans for finance processes as needed
- Work closely with the business management team in relation to the financial impact of all commercial and operational matters to ensure the maximisation of business performance.
- Operate as an active participant of the site senior management team to develop and implement strategies for the growth of the business.
- Work closely with the site manager and management team on site projects, including operational and capital projects, to provide appropriate support and financial due diligence including cost / benefit analysis
- Actively support the team in review, development and implementation of the sites 5 year Strategic Plan