REED has a vacancy with a fantastic multinational organisation for a Data Centre Service Engineer with IBM experience.
This is a full time onsite position, where you will be working as part of a small team to provide a full installation, maintenance, and repair service to a key customer within the financial services industry. The Field Service Engineer will work closely with colleagues in the region and with the Field Service Manager.
Travel to some other sites may be required so we offer you access to a company vehicle. We also have a central hub to work from in Dublin if you prefer a hybrid working model, however this role can be worked remotely.
** Experience with IBM is essential. Additional experience with HP, Cisco, Sun, Dell, Juniper is highly desirable
Salary and Benefits:
€45-60k basic salary + 15% Bonus
Company car access
Lifestyle Benefits, Employee Assistance Programme, Life assurance, Private Medical Insurance.
Duties in the role:
- Maintain and repair customer’s data centre equipment.
- Manage calls to ensure that customer SLAs are achieved.
- Build good relationships with fellow onsite engineers and DC staff.
- Install hardware upgrades and new systems.
- Perform site audits and surveys to ensure customers installed equipment and features match the organisation’s inventory.
- Perform System Health Checks data Centre walkarounds.
- Team player willing to support others and the Business
- To work closely with technical support on new products and integration into the field.
- Good communicator at all levels especially with our customers and helpdesks.
- Solid commercial awareness – be a fantastic representative of the organisation
- Be able to pass on knowledge and Identify improvements required in our capability to carry out the maintenance function