ViR (Valuation in Resolution) Valuation Controller - Rates - London - Temporary Opportunity £450 - £500 per day
Applicants must possess a strong working knowledge of Rates Valuation Controls.
The Global Valuations Group is part of Global Product Control and undertakes four main activities: Valuations, Global Valuation Reporting, Quantitative Analysis and Quantitative Infrastructure Development.
The Roles are within the European Valuations team. The Valuations team is responsible for the Valuation control framework, focusing on Independent Price Verification (IPV), Fair Value Adjustments (FVA), model governance and Prudent Valuation Adjustments (PVA) in Paris and London.
- Contributing to Valuations’ deliverables in relation to the regulatory programme; Valuation in Resolution, engaging with Finance teams, Front Office, Risk and project managers
- Liaising with Finance Regulatory projects team to understand requirements, deliverables, milestones and timelines
- Streamlining/enhancement of processes to produce the dynamic cuts of valuations to meet ViR requirements
- Contributing to strategy to achieve the valuations across the differing secnarios, and how to achieve such within existing or new infrastructure
- Work to deliver product control objectives on quality, efficiency, and sustainability through aligning processes across regions.
- Support the migration to automated platforms. Contribute to internal projects to streamline production
- Build relationships with key stakeholders including other Product Control Functions, IT, Front Office, Group Finance, Market Risk Management and Credit Risk Management.
- Assist in regular re-valuation exercises
- Apply knowledge to consider where market data or risk sensitivity are stale or need to be approximated using sensible alternatives
- Help improve and ensure global consistency of the Fair Value methodologies, processes and governance.
- Ensure the communication with the project teams/business is seamless and consistent.
- Work with Analytics & Valuations to identify the need for, and implementation of, fair value adjustments.
- Ensure Valuation Group FIM requirements and other applicable accounting / regulatory standards are met.
- Drive standardization and streamlining of processes within the Valuations Group.
- Demonstrable track record in top-tier global bank.
- Experience of managing Product Control or Financial Process based activities.
- Experience in driving automations and streamlining.
- Derivative knowledge in relevant asset classes.
- Experience of Derivatives Valuation Framework (Discounting /Curve constructions/Pricing Models).
- Good understanding and appreciation of Regulatory requirements and guidelines for Valuation activity.
- Experience of interacting with internal and external stakeholder groups (Business, Risk, Audit, Compliance, Regulators).
Please apply with an updated CV and if you are successful you will be contacted within 3 days.