My client a local authority based in Leicestershire are looking for a Solicitor – Adult social care – for a part time role – 15 hours a week over 2 days, and looking to pay up to £30-45 per hour, either PAYE or through umbrella Payrolling Company. This role will be working from home.
In this role you will provide the provision of appropriate professional legal services to the Adult Social Care Services
• The post holder will be part of a team of solicitors providing advice and advocacy in relation to the Adult Social Care and Education Services, covering mental health issues, Adult Social Care issues including community care, adult protection issues and on Education responsibilities of the Authority.
• Providing appropriate recommendations and advice to officers of the Authority, members and the Cabinet/committees/panels, case conferences and other inter-agency meetings as appropriate.
• Providing professional advice and guidance in order to assist departments in interpreting and implementing Government policy and legislation, to promote understanding and improve consistency.
• Ensuring provision of an efficient and effective advisory service which meets specified timescales to; Departments, Officers of the Authority, Members and the cabinet/committee/panels, case conferences and other internal and external partners and stakeholders.
• Advocacy when suitably experienced, with regard to mental health issues. The post holder may be required to advise officers of the Authority and members and undertake advocacy in respect of any responsibilities of the Authority within the service areas of the Departments identified above.
• Providing legal support to the County Council’s appeal service for education and schools admission appeals. Representing the Authority on external bodies as directed by the Assistant Head of Legal Services and through this to develop and maintain credibility and promote partnership working as appropriate to your experience.
This post is subject to a check being carried out at an Enhanced level by the Criminal Records Bureau regarding any previous criminal record.
If you have the necessary skill set please apply on line today or send your CV to Francesca.email@example.com