I am urgently seeking a part time Senior HR Officer / HR Advisor to join a fantastic school based in Mitcham on a FTC until next July.
This role is 28 hours a week Tuesday - Friday, 42 weeks per year
Salary is £30,000 pro rata (£22,141 k) p/a
Line Manager: HR Assistant
"To provide comprehensive operational and strategic HR advice and support. To be responsible for the administration, organisation and smooth running of HR. To be responsible for maintaining the staff database on SIMS, EPM and the Single Central Record. To contribute to the promotion of the general progress and well-being of staff"
Working in a school is not essential but desired.
- Provide the leadership team and line managers with appropriate advice, guidance and coaching on all HR issues in line with the policies, employment law and good management practice in order to achieve school objectives.
- Assist and support the leadership team on specific HR cases involving grievance, mediation, disciplinaries, sickness absence, capability and provide advice and guidance on any other employment related matters to leadership and management.
- Oversee the issuing of contractual documentation to new and existing staff and deal with terminations of fixed term/temporary appoints/probation
- Ensure recruitment operates efficiently and complies with school guidelines and safe guard in requirements and annually review recruitment process and procedures to ensure they remain fit for purposes and rigorous.
- Prepare application packs and new starter induction packs.
- Support the short-listing process by ensuring that applications are passed to the Principal and relevant staff for short-listing at the end of day on the closing date.
- Obtain references for teaching and support staff on receipt of the shortlisted field where candidates have agreed that referees may be contacted prior to interview. Oversee all pre-employment checks are completed in line with school and DCSF guidelines including, references, DBS clearances, overseas checks and health questionnaires addressing any concerns as appropriate and advising on next stages.
- Track probation periods for new staff.
- Support Line Managers in following the correct processes in relation to Disciplinary, Capability and Grievance and appeals.
- Liaise with Trust HR in relation to action being taken
Please apply to be considered