Our client who operates within the real estate sector have a pressing requirement for a Senior Financial Accountant to join their team.
The purpose of this role is to be the one stop shop for everything Finance. Ensuring our client has sufficient cash to operate, is controlling costs, collecting revenues and reporting accurate information to the key stakeholders including Management Team, Investors, HMRC and German reporting authorities. This role is a central hub for anyone in the business who may have a Finance related query or request - they will be knowledgeable, helpful and hands-on.
This role requires someone who is fluent in German and is a fully qualified Accountant with significant real estate and/or multi-site or hospitality experience.
- Production of month end reports including consolidation of P&L, balance sheet and cashflows
- Treasury management - ensuring there is enough cash in the business to meet our obligations
- Payables and receivables - overseeing the Management Accountant’s responsibilities
- Regulatory obligations - ensuring filings and payments to HMRC for VAT, PAYE and other taxes are done in a timely manner. Along with Companies House filings.
- Ownership of the payroll function including payroll and pension reconciliations, liaising with external payroll providers and payment of salaries
- Looking after the two German GmbHs. Responsibility is an all-encompassing, total ownership basis reporting financial information up to the UK HQ
- Advising on the appropriate tax and legal structure fitting the growing group of German entities with support from external tax and accounts advisors
- Production of the year end financial statements in accordance with IFRS
- Ownership of the audit process and liaising with external auditors
- Ownership of insurance policies and relationship with external brokers and insurers
- Assist in improving, documentation and monitoring of internal controls
- Assist Head of Finance with forecasting and budgeting process
- Ad hoc projects for the wider business where required
Key Skills, Experience & Traits:
- Fully qualified Accountant CIMA, ACCA or ACA or equivalent
- Fluent German speaker
- Real Estate and/or hospitality or multi-site experience
- Experience improving month end and audit processes
- Minimizing overspends through strong financial controlling measures and reduced sales debtor days
- Ability to learn new processes and systems quickly.
- Dependable, eager, adaptable, great attention to detail and ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Work quickly and accurately to tight deadlines and manage multiple priorities.
- Comfortable working in a fast paced ever evolving environment.