Reed HR are currently working alongside a large public sector organisation based in South East London who are urgently recruiting for an experienced Interim Senior Employee Relations Advisor for initially 3 months.
This role is a temporary position and will be paid on an hourly rate. The successful applicant will be expected to travel into the office.
To provide a comprehensive, high quality and pro-active educational and operational employee relations advisory and support service to managers and staff within the Trust. Ensure that standards and objectives for the joint service are met and are consistent with Trust policy, best practice and employment law.
Part of the up-skilling line managers peer group educational team drafting briefing sessions for line managers on HR policies and processes delivering same to aligned Borough/Service Line teams.
Work with staff side colleagues to ensure that there is a shared understanding of policies and procedures working and review across the Trust.
Be a working member of the Trust job evaluation process and panels as required.
Description of Duties
- Establish strong working relationships with managers in assigned Borough/Service line to support the employee relations and management up-skilling requirements within the service. Working with the Joint Head of Human Resources, Trust Senior ER lead and assigned HR Business Partner as appropriate.
- Provide an expert and up to date knowledge to all employees and staff side representatives on HR policies and procedures and employment law processes as applicable and ensuring appropriate signposting and support.
- Provide first point of contact HR advice and support to the designated Borough/Service Line management team to facilitate early resolution of employee relations issues ensuring that the risk associated with such cases are effectively managed seeking advice and support from the Lead Employee Relations Officer or Head of Human Resources as appropriate and including: -
- Management of Sickness Absence
- Harassment and Bullying
- Performance management – capability