A very established and successful lender are currently recruiting for a fantastic financial services Risk Manager opportunity on an initial 12 month Fixed Term Contract basis.
This role is currently both a home and office based position in the Nottinghamshire area. Working on a Monday to Friday basis – 9am to 5pm.
The key purpose of the role is to establish, maintain and develop embedded risk management practices throughout the company which enable the business to meet its strategic goals.
Responsible for overseeing the processes and practices involved in the identification, recording, monitoring and management of risks, including their linkage to the company’s risk policies and framework.
Working with key stakeholders to ensure that risks remain within the company’s agreed risk appetite.
Your main responsibilities will include:
General Risk Management
- Development and maintenance of a risk management framework.
- Acting as an advisor to Senior Management and other company staff on areas of risk.
- Development and Implementation of policies and procedures for the identification, classification, mitigation and analysis of risk.
- Development and maintenance of an automated process for risk reporting.
- Supporting and assisting business users to identify, classify and rate their relevant risks and develop a risk management process within departments and branches.
- Maintenance of the Board Risk Policy.
- Providing review and challenge of the company’s individual risk policies, e.g. Liquidity.
- Providing appropriate challenge to risk owners regarding classification and rating of risk.
- Providing oversight of the Third Party Relationship Database and reviewing this annually with relationship owners.
- Provision of Board, Risk Committee, Audit & Compliance Committee and Executive Committee reports/papers in line with required deadlines.
- Maintenance of the Risk Acceptance process.
- Attend/represent the Risk Department at Risk Committee meetings.
- Maintenance of technical knowledge in respect of risk management best practice applicable to financial services firms and to interpret and embed this into the company’s operational policies and procedures.
Credit Risk Management
- Maintenance of technical knowledge of the prudential regulation applicable to financial services firms and to interpret and embed this into the company’s operational policies and procedures.
- Review of the capital and liquidity adequacy assessment process.
Required knowledge, skills and qualifications:
- Knowledge of relevant PRA/FCA/EBA Regulatory rules and guidance, including in respect of ICAAP, ILAAP, Recovery Planning, Risk Management, Business Continuity.
- Previous experience within a risk related role within Financial Services.
- Ability to interpret and implement regulation / legislation
- Good written and verbal communication
- Ability to work to high levels of accuracy under pressure
- Strong organisational skills
- Good standard of education to degree level or equivalent (either professional qualification or experience). An accredited risk related qualification is desirable.
The successful candidate will receive:
- A competitive basic salary of circa £60,000, with a possible additional annual bonus of 10%.
- A wide ranging company benefits package.
If you are interested within this vacancy and if you believe that your experience/skill-set is well suited to the role then please do apply on-line.