|Location: WEST BROMWICH, WEST MIDLANDSen||Salary: 38000.00 - 40000.00 GBP Per Annum|
|Sector: Engineering||Job Type: Permanent|
|Shift Type: DAYS ONLY||Applications: 1|
|Posted: about 1 month ago||Reference: 3358157|
To £40k + good benefit package
With a history in excess 50 years, my client has been offering liquid engineering solutions to a range of industries that include Marine, Power Generation, Mining and Oil & Gas.
As experts in protection systems for critical plant and machinery (effectively diesel and gas engines), this established company offer a full engineering service to clients; ranging from independent specialist firms to large global conglomerates and they pride themselves on offering an excellent service to all.
Due to an enviable and sustainable order book, they are now looking for a suitably qualified and experienced Project Design Engineer for their established Projects and Design team.
As a Project Design Engineer your role will include aspects of Project Management / Engineering and Design, so you'll get to see all sides of the projects that you work on and be involved from start to finish on the majority.
The variety in what you'll work on is also a plus in this role. You'll be involved in both long and short projects that can vary in complexity.
You’ll be responsible for
• Taking ownership for delivering projects from initial conversations to final delivery and even supporting clients post-delivery
• Interpreting client requirements, engineering drawings, BOMs and P&IDs, along with producing project plans / timings for each project
• Working with others in the Engineering function to develop and agree designs and drawings, keeping design for manufacture at the forefront
• Working closely with internal and external “customers” and for providing a port of call for technical queries
• Helping in assessing the viability of each project or product
• Developing new or adapted products for specific markets
• Running your own development projects
• Working with internal and external engineers, whilst ensuring the work falls in line with quality standards
In order to be considered for this Project Design Engineer role you’ll need:
• A proven engineering background within a tightly regulated environment (e.g. Marine, Power Generation, Mining and Oil & Gas)
• An ability to design, modify and adjust engineering drawings, with particular focus on design for manufacture, preferably using SolidWorks
• A solid understanding of manufacturing within a regulated environment and an ability to “speak the same engineering language” with the shop floor and external contacts
• To be a proven problem solver with excellent prioritising skills
• Experience of working multiple projects at one time – usually a variety of sizes and time frames
• Great organisational abilities and solid I.T skills (MRP / Email / Microsoft Office etc.)
• Those that have developed their career from ‘the tools’ into a design function would particularly suit this role, due to the variety of the projects.
• Knowledge and experience of water/fluids/liquids and how these can be ‘moved around’ would be extremely beneficial
This is a great opportunity to work for a friendly and growing company that has an enviable order book and a brilliant future and they are offering:
• A good basic salary based on your experience
• Good paid holiday allowance
• Good working hours that include an early finish on Fridays
• A real opportunity to grow with the business
38000.00 - 40000.00 GBP Per Annum
WEST BROMWICH, WEST MIDLANDSenRead more
30000 - 36000 GBP Per Annum
SOUTHEND-ON-SEA, ESSEXRead more
35000.00 - 45000.00 GBP Per Annum
CRAWLEY, WEST SUSSEXRead more
10.85 - 12.33 GBP Per Hour
STAINES-UPON-THAMES, MIDDLESEXRead more
30000 - 40000 GBP Per Annum
BURTON-ON-TRENT, STAFFORDSHIRERead more