A Global Investment Bank are currently looking for a Middle Office Analyst to join their team in the City of London, this is a 6 month contract role initially with the opportunity for extension, the daily rate for the role is up to £300 per day via Umbrella
Experience with Private Equity Fund Solutions required
Experience with Corporate Loans required
Provide the middle office support function for the business conducted by International Trade Banking (ITB – Private Equity Fund Solutions) & DOD
Back up: on the Supply Chain Finance (SCF) & Cash Management activity
Key Responsibilities ITB/DOD
- Ensure that a high level of interaction and communication is maintained with the Front Office to ensure full knowledge of developments in the non-agency business including pipeline trades.
- Review and comment on ‘draft’ documentation for new transactions to check for operational fit with the middle office requirements, highlighting any areas for further discussion with and/or review by the Front Office as necessary.
- Ensure the necessary Credit approvals are in place.
- Check / obtain confirmation that Conditions Precedents have been met and advise RPC (risk) and BSG (back office) where applicable.
- Prepare a Transmission Sheet for BSG and RPC.
- Confirm/agree treatment of fees (up front vs. spread) in conjunction with the current Fee Policy issued by Finance and Accounting Norms and prepare a fee sheet when applicable.
- Obtain all original documentation (bilateral) or PDF copy documentation (syndicated), create the files for the deals and ensure that executed copies of all the appropriate documentation is are provided to RPC Risk and BSG and send to Legal for safekeeping.
- Liaise with Risk and BSG for daily handling of all deals.
- Manage relations with the borrower or the Agent.
- Monitor and report outstanding non-financial covenants, contractual commitments of the Borrower, monitor the upkeep of securities and the sign-off of technical and financial milestones.
- Manage drawdowns and repayments, liaising with BSG.
- Book and maintain trades in Middle Office Systems.
- Maintain diary systems to ensure all actions on the portfolio are monitored.
- Provide information on the portfolio to the Front Office, as reasonably requested, e.g. for inclusion in annual reviews.
- Prepare audit responses.
- Ensure that adhoc queries relating to deals are dealt with in an accurate and timely manner (e.g. payment instructions, follow-up queries on payments etc)
In-depth experience in providing middle office support to a Front Office
Knowledge on Transaction Banking - Short term, Medium / Long term loans (such as Private Equity Fund Solutions)
In depth experience of reviewing Loan Agreements and associated documentation from an operational perspective
Experienced in the management and coordination of Agency transaction