To actively contribute the delivery of the HR department’s objectives. To provide first class payroll, administrative and general support to the HR department which enables the team to achieve its goals and meet its responsibilities to the people it employs. This will be through involvement in the day to day running of the HR department as well as involvement in HR project work.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
• To Accurately & Timely Prepare Monthly Payroll
o Prepare all schedules accurately and to deadline and submit to payroll provider, check accuracy upon receipt of preview
o Proactively liaise with payroll provider to maximise service and benefits from them
o Monthly Pension deductions and online submission to Pension Company
o Monthly PAYE/NI payments to pass to Finance for payment
o Prepare and Reconcile Year end PAYE/NI and online submission to HMRC
o To Ensure Year end P60 etc are issued on time to employees.
o To Keep P11d Information updated as required and provide P11D’s for LML yearly
o To prepare and maintain Expat payments
o To Update Pension System for Starter, Leavers and changes
o To update all schedules relating to benefits, eg: private health. Ensure payroll deductions set up and made accurately and to deadline, and maintain membership details with provider
o To ensure accurate records are maintained for both payroll and all HR purposes
• To Maintain TMS/payroll for holidays , flex, sickness , absence.
• Responsible for Holidays booking management, monitoring absences, lateness & return to work interviews
• To Assist with the Preparation of the Monthly Management and Statistic Reports
• To Provide Payroll analysis as required by management
• Arrange inductions for all new starters and support in the delivery of inductions
• Support in the recruitment process
• To control invoices, keep a monthly record and control the costs in areas of responsibility including payroll, company cars and business cards
• To prepare all the documentation needed for any HR related meetings in due time
• To provide the HR team with all the administrative support needed (presentations, meetings, note typing, etc…)
• Overall responsibility for the timely and accurate filing and archiving of HR and payroll paperwork
• To represent HR team to the highest standard of confidentiality, professionalism and integrity and to set the standards for others within the Company
• To manage Company car fleet and related activities
• Responsible for HR administration for the team, such as preparing offer letters, T&Cs of employment, starter packs, ensuring all documents are returned in compliance with Company procedures and legal compliance, references requests.
• Responsible for carrying and out Employees’ files management and database updates
To work in partnership with the other teams to ensure the overall delivery of HR objectives
Experience/Knowledge and skills:
• Knowledge and experience of managing all aspects of payroll
• Experience of completing HR administration, including knowledge of employment law and practices
• Ability to manage varied workload under pressure of meeting deadlines
• Ability to analyse and evaluate data against key indicators, to monitor programmes, projects and plans to set targets.
• Demonstrated proficiency using all key software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
• Attention to detail
• Excellent telephone manner
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills