Our client is a charity based in South West London providing care and support to those within their specialist sector.
They currently have a vacancy for a Part Time Finance Coordinator to join their friendly team reporting to their CEO.
In this role you will take ownership over their finance function with responsibility for accounts payable, accounts receivable, bank reconciliations, general ledger and accruals and prepayments. This is a 4 day a week role, 28 hours per week working on site at their South West London centre.
This role is ideal for a part time candidate with a finance background working in the charity sector and an empathetic and sympathetic approach.
Duties of the role include:
- Maintain accounting records on Quickbooks, providing information to the CEO and Treasurer as appropriate
- Issue and code fee invoices and manage direct debit process.
- Administer all finance related documentation, including statutory returns.
- Ensure that invoices are accurately entered onto Quickbooks and paid according to the terms set out and file in a shared directory on the cloud.
- Enter the staff payroll onto Quickbooks and process accordingly
- Administer and reconcile Petty Cash System.
- Calculate Gift Aid credit from HMRC.
- Manage the charity bank accounts by reconciling every transaction each month
- Flag-up queries to Chief Executive Officer/Treasurer as appropriate.
- Disseminate papers for monthly Board meetings as directed by CEO.
- Attend monthly Board meetings to take minutes, send draft copy to Chair for approval and file signed minutes
- Attend and actively contribute to team meetings, working groups, individual supervision and appraisals.
If this sounds like the role for you, please apply today!