Reed Accountancy are currently recruiting for a Part Qualified Accountant on an Interim basis for our Solihull based client. The role will be starting immediately and duties will be specified by the Team Manager against an agreed plan and will focus on the delivery of quality accountancy services to customers, officers and members. The standard of accountancy services to be delivered will be set across the Financial Operations Division.
Duties will include:
• To work as directed by the Finance Manager or Senior Accountant with the appropriate Service Team Manager to deliver service priorities including but not limited to the delivery of the Medium Term Financial Strategy, Top 5 priorities and any other major projects.
• Provide accurate and timely information to senior and service area managers and other finance staff.
• To assist in the delivery of the corporate financial requirements in line with internal and external regulations and timescales.
• Contribute to supporting the budget setting, monitoring and final accounts processes, including the organisations long term financial planning
• Support in the generation of MTFS savings objectives and support in the delivery of the savings programme
• To apply financial expertise to high level problem resolution, using consistent technical judgement to guide the organisations decision making.
• To provide financial advice, to maintain and/or develop the systems and processes to support compliance with the relevant legislation and statutory duties and to facilitate the delivery of effective services.
• Provide advice, guidance and training on the operation and implementation of external regulations and statutory requirements and internal financial regulations.
• Contribute positively to key meetings as required by the role, providing appropriate challenge when required.
• Ensure that all financial policies, processes, practices and systems are operated and implemented in accordance with the relevant requirements.
• Lead on the completion of statutory returns required within the team.
• Assist in the optimisation of the capital programme.
• Effectively interpret detailed information gained from a range of sources and apply necessary judgment to create clear, concise and meaningful management information.
• Monitor performance for yourself and direct reports against agreed targets and to take any corrective action as required.
• Attend and present reports at senior financial meetings (e.g. Heads of Service meetings, forecast review meetings) and deputise for Finance Manager/Senior Accountant as required.
• Deliver the tasks agreed annually in your performance agreement.
• Any other appropriate duties as and when required.
To be considered for the role you must be a part qualified member of a CCAB and be able to start work immediately.