Our client based in Dublin 1 are seeking an Official to join their Conditions of Employment & Learning team. This is a 9-month fixed term contract. This is a position involves significant responsibility so the ideal candidate will have 5 years or more experience within an education/learning field.
Salary banding - €59,945 - €73,649
The successful candidate will be part of a dynamic, responsive and flexible team, committed to achieving the company’s objectives especially in the area of direct service to members.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Contributing to the development and implementation of company policies and assisting in the development of services to members.
- Maintaining a detailed and up to date knowledge of conditions of employment issues: pay, pensions and general financial matters.
- Advising members on conditions of employment, trade union and professional matters.
- Representing and liaising on behalf of members with other agencies such as Department of Education, management bodies and trade unions.
- Responding to members’ queries via telephone, email and correspondence.
- Undertaking research and preparing documentation for publication and presentation.
- An understanding of current issues in education.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- An up-to-date proficiency in IT, with an emphasis on Excel and data management.
- A commitment to working effectively in a team environment.
- High standards of research, writing and presentation skills.
- A minimum of five years’ relevant professional experience.
- An appropriate third-level qualification.
- An ability to provide a quality service to individuals and groups of members.
- A results-driven approach.
- A willingness to participate in CPD.