Middle Office Analyst - Investment Bank
Rate: £280-£300 per day
Type: 6-month contract
Location: City of London
Our client is one of the largest banking groups in Europe. Built on its strong cooperative and mutual roots, with more than 140,000 employees and a presence in 49 countries, they are a responsible and responsive bank serving 52 million customers globally.
They are looking for someone to join their Agency & Middle Office team based in London on an interim basis. The key responsibility is to provide the middle office support function for the business conducted by International Trade Banking (ITB – Private Equity Fund Solutions) & DOD.
- Ensure that a high level of interaction and communication is maintained with the Front Office to ensure full knowledge of developments in the non-agency business including pipeline trades.
- Review and comment on ‘draft’ documentation for new transactions to check for operational fit with the middle office requirements, highlighting any areas for further discussion with and/or review by the Front Office as necessary.
- Ensure the necessary Credit approvals are in place.
- Check / obtain confirmation that Conditions Precedents have been met and advise RPC (risk) and BSG (back office) where applicable.
- Prepare a Transmission Sheet for BSG and RPC.
- Confirm/agree treatment of fees (up front vs. spread) in conjunction with the current Fee Policy issued by Finance and Accounting Norms and prepare a fee sheet when applicable.
- Obtain all original documentation (bilateral) or PDF copy documentation (syndicated), create the files for the deals and ensure that executed copies of all the appropriate documentation is are provided to RPC Risk and BSG and send to Legal for safekeeping.
- Monitor and report outstanding non-financial covenants, contractual commitments of the Borrower, monitor the upkeep of securities and the sign-off of technical and financial milestones.
- Manage drawdowns and repayments, liaising with BSG.
- Book and maintain trades in Middle Office Systems.
- Provide information on the portfolio to the Front Office, as reasonably requested, e.g. for inclusion in annual reviews.
- Support contact for Transaction Banking Clients (both Corporate and Financial Institutions) on their Cash Management and Supply Chain Finance activities for the day to day of the activity as well as the reporting
- In-depth experience in providing middle office support to a Front Office
- Knowledge on Transaction Banking - Short term, Medium / Long term loans (such as Private Equity Fund Solutions)
- In depth experience of reviewing Loan Agreements and associated documentation from an operational perspective
- Experienced in the management and coordination of Agency transaction
- Impeccable attention to detail and accuracy skills