Our client is looking for a Management Accountant to join its finance team. Reporting into the Management Accounts Controller, you will work closely with selected joint ventures and business units to ensure prompt query resolution and the accurate production of financials in line with group deadlines.
The successful candidate will be a proactive individual seeking to add value by improving the supply of financial information to the business through digital transformation and the adoption of efficient and professional processes.
What will it entail?
- Producing monthly management accounts within deadlines, including Profit / Loss accounts with analytical reviews and fully reconciled balance sheets with supporting documentation
- Monthly liaison with Managing Directors and Unit Managers
- Supporting the department lead with group tasks, reconciliations and consolidations
- Producing VAT returns, monthly PAYE payments and annual P11d’s
- Assisting with the production of annual budgets and rolling forecasts for each business unit
- Producing year end audit files to include draft statutory financial statements and liaising with auditors
- Maintaining asset registers
- General administration and ad hoc queries, liaising with other business units / departments as required
- Reviewing payroll reports for errors / discrepancies and liaising with Payroll Clerks / unit staff to resolve
- Reviewing sales ledger balances at month end with credit control and Managing Directors / Unit Managers for potential bad debts
- Reviewing of purchase ledger for discrepancies and liaising with purchase ledger staff to resolve any queries or refunds
What skills and experience do I need?
- CIMA / ACCA part-qualified or equivalent
- Experience of working in a similar role
- Experience in accounting practices and principles, including areas such as VAT and accruals / prepayments, with knowledge and understanding of all correspondence involved in management accounts
- Confident communicator with senior stakeholders across the business
- Proactive individual with excellent accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong IT skills and capable of meeting the digital transformation being implemented throughout the group
- Confidential in all aspects of the role due to the sensitivity of information, including salaries
- Reasonably flexible with working hours to ensure deadlines are met
- Good team player
What's in it for you?
- The opportunity to join a very successful family owned business
- A great working environment
- 20 days holiday + statutory (rising based on length of service)
- Company pension
- Discount vouchers for shopping, hotels, health clubs and more
- Discounted health cash plan
- Free on-site parking
If you think you fit the bill and would like to know more, please apply online immediately!