My Public sector client is currently looking for a Kitchen Porter to join their tea.
The purpose of the role is to undertake a core range of duties required within catering services team.
Duties to include:
• Specialised cleaning of production equipment and general cleaning of the catering department to ensure high standards and compliance with food hygiene legislation
• Be able to disassemble and assemble specialist production equipment following cleaning
• Follow good working practices relating to Health & Safety.
• To undertake cleaning and portering duties as identified in work schedules.
• To work in general wash up of utensils and light equipment from food production and food service areas to ensure clean equipment for food service is available.
• To accept and check food deliveries at weekend and bank holidays when the catering stores are closed
• To assist with the dispatch and delivery of meals for patients, staff and visitors to ensure a timely food service is provided.
• To assist as required with the service of food to patients, staff and visitors to ensure an efficient and timely food service is provided to customers.
• Disposal of kitchen waste from the production ensuring the waste area is kept clean and tidy
• To ensure that COSHH notices are valid and current.
• To comply with food hygiene instructions as per departmental policies
• Maintain good standards of personal hygiene and wear allocated uniform, protective clothing and/or equipment.
• Develop and maintain good working relationships with colleagues and other departments to ensure that a professional image of the department is presented to users of the service.
• To undertake training as identified
• Post holder will present a professional image at all times
The ideal candidate will:
• To be able to work on own initiative or as part of a team
• To have good communication skills
• It would be desirable to have previous experience of working in a catering or retail environment
• To hold or be prepared to acquire Level 2 Food Hygiene Certificate.
• To have a basic knowledge of Health & Safety policies/procedures, COSHH, Manual Handling