My client, a professional body in Bedfordshire, requires a remote Internal Auditor to support the Corporate Compliance team and be responsible for conducting regular Internal Audits throughout the year.
This will be a Part-Time position in a contract role to conduct scheduled Internal Audits up until the end of December 2021. A schedule has been drawn up with 7 audits in total, estimated at 2 to 3 per quarter, which should require approximately 20 days work per audit (this may vary from one audit to another).
This position will be based from home so you must be able to work effectively from home using your own equipment and working with MS Office 365/SharePoint.
Reporting to the Corporate Compliance Manager, you will be responsible for conducting Internal Audits across all areas of the business.
Your work will have visibility at Board through its Compliance and Risk Sub-Committee (CRSC).
Your key areas of responsibility will be as follows:
Internal Audit & Assurance Reviews:
Creation and maintenance of Internal Audit and Quality Assurance Systems - must follow best practice and ensure ongoing development and improvement.
Conduct and/or lead audit reviews
Work with managers and team leaders responsible for compliance to increase awareness of their responsibilities
Agree audit recommendation action plans with management and follow-up to ensure implementation
Be an objective source of independent advice
Incident / Issue Management:
Contribute as required to investigations, management and mitigation of incidents or issues which could compromise the validity, integrity, or reputation of the organisation
Identify, record, and manage risks and issues within own areas of responsibility.
Contribute to the effective monitoring of corporate-wide risks.
Internal Audit administration
Keep the Internal Audit section of SharePoint up to date.
To provide advice and guidance to staff
To provide a high standard of customer service to all stakeholders.
To be considered for the role you must possess the following qualities:
• Educated to ‘A’ level standard or equivalent.
• Proven Internal Audit experience.
• Technically competent with auditing standards and procedures, laws, rules, and regulations.
• Awareness of Risk Management methodology and processes.
• Confidence to make recommendations and the ability to consider the potential implications of those recommendations and plan effectively to overcome potential pushbacks.
• Articulate the findings of the review and promote recommendations to peers, committees, or other interested parties.
• Proven communication skills.
• Computer literate with good keyboard skills and good skills in relation to Microsoft office.
If this sounds like you and you can be available to carry out regular Internal Audits from now until December 31st 2021 (lasting approximately 20 tp 30 days per audit) please apply below.