Reed HR are working with a Higher Education Institute based in South East London to recruit a HR Lead on an 18-month Fixed Term Contract. This role is currently working from home due to Government Guidelines. Salary will be circa £56,000 – £62,000 per annum.
The main purpose of this role will be to support on the implementation and management of a Change & Transformation Programme. You will be working closely with Unions, the Senior Leadership Team, Project Management Team, and HR Function to deliver a People Transition Strategy. Your work will include Employee Relations Casework, redeployment, Redundancy Consultations, Restructuring etc.
Some of the roles and responsibilities of this position are as follows:
- Manage any complex employee relations cases which may arise from the Change & Transformation Programme, ensuring that they are resolved in a timely and appropriate manner, instigating and undertaking investigations and mediation as necessary
- Ensure compliance with UK and EU legislation employment, equalities legislation and demonstrate best practice wherever possible, when advising managers and Heads in relation to issues of risk
- Ensuring appropriate mechanisms are in place to monitor the implementation of the change programme and identifying areas of risk and dealing effectively with issues as they emerge as related to managing organisational restructures
- Undertake role analyses of job descriptions and person specifications of roles in scope for the specific target operating models and advise on the development of job descriptions for the future structures
- Advise on the management of change in relation to HR policies and practice, and best practice for effective engagement in the change programme, including managing consultation programmes and working effectively with the HR team, trade unions and Managers to ensure legal obligations are met
- Provide support and advice to departments (academic and professional services) across the Institute on matters regarding HR advice, practice and policy
- To lead the HR workstream within the Change Management PMO to support the development and implementation of new Target Operating Models (TOMs) for key areas of Professional Services and the academic portfolio.
- Work closely with the Senior Leadership Team to continually improve the activities relating to employee relations and staff engagement
- To contribute to the development of the specific HR policies underpinning employee relations, effective management of people issues
This is a professional and demanding Senior Level HR role, and the successful candidate will have solid experience of operating within a similar Change Programme focussed position previously. You will have worked on heavy volumes of Employee Relations Casework, as well as Redundancy Consultations and ideally have experience working within a Unionised Environment.
Ideally, you will be available immediately, or on short notice.