We have a highly desirable new role working in the public sector for the council on a temporary basis for the next 3 months.
The role is paying the equivalent annual salary of £40,876 to £43,857 (pro rata for part time)
The council are looking for an experienced HR Business Partner to provide some short-term support to our small team to cover an internal secondment. You will be actively participating in the development and implementation of HR strategies, workforce development plans, policies and procedures and service plans to ensure the Council is compliant with changes in law and best practice.
As a HR business Partner, you will be responsible for advising and coaching management and employees on HR policy and procedural matters, making recommendations, appropriate decisions and seeking advice where necessary.
Specifically your role would entail:
- Supporting managers to deliver a professional and smooth employee life cycle within their teams from recruitment and selection, on-boarding, induction and training, performance management, attendance management, effective communication, employee relation issues and transfer and exit arrangements
- Focus on providing a ‘Value Added Service’ to managers that is clearly aligned to the HR and business agenda.
- Maintain HR best practice in line with CIPD and legal standards within all areas of the HR service
- Provide professional support and advice to managers on all aspects of the recruitment process and procedure, working with them to ensure their recruitment needs are addressed speedily and efficiently
- Build relationships with manager customer base through high levels of departmental involvement
- Develop, manage and implement effective HR systems and processes to support HR practices and initiatives including managing the delivery of employees pay and benefits through the contract from payroll services.
- To provide a ‘lead expert’ role within the HR Team with one of the following specialism’s:
1. Reward, recognition, transformation and culture
2. Policy and Procedures, Terms and Conditions
3. Organisational development, TUPE and Re-organisation.
Successful candidates will have experience:
- Delivering change management programmes
- Working in a diverse public sector organisation
- Prior involvement in managing employee relations casework with little or no supervision.
Ideally you will need to be immediately available to start, and also be happy to work from City Hall as currently the council is not able to offer the option to work remotely.
If you would like to be considered for this exciting opportunity please feel free to apply now, or contact Mathew Woodman on 01603 616190 for more information.