CALLING ALL HR ASSISTANTS
I am currently working exclusively with a Manufacturing client based in Colchester. I am recruiting a HR Assistant for a 6-9 month contract. This person will report directly into the HR Manager
Key Duties and responsibilities:
• Process leavers including confirmation of leaving letters and exit interviews (if appropriate)
• Employee relations including leading investigations for gross misconduct disciplinaries or grievances, coordinating disciplinaries for ordinary misconduct.
• Assist with sickness absence management including liaising with employees on phased returns to work
• Administration including references for ex-employees, rental/mortgage references, site bonus letters, disciplinary invite and outcome letters, managing the online account for specsavers including issuing vouchers, Long Service award cycle and managing the Apprentice Levy voucher system.
• Process starters in a timely fashion, ensure references have been obtained within one month of start date.
• Conduct Inductions in HR Managers absence
• HR Compliance, ensuring that the latest developments in Employment Law are reflected in the company’s policies and procedures.
• Deal with visitors in the absence of the receptionist, follow the company’s procedure on visitors ensuring that the signed visitors guide is current.
• Ensure compliance to the policies and procedures including the Data Protection Policy and the Company Code of Conduct
• Training Function, ensure that each employee has a training plan and comprehensive records are kept for auditing purposes. Ensure the system is flexible to meet to changing needs of the business.
• Payroll duties include inputting and checking all variable data, Pension Auto enrolment reporting, Childcare voucher processing, manually closing and opening weekly timesheets for monthly payroll processing. Ensure all are done with minimal errors and in good time for the payroll deadlines.
• Manage starters from recruitment to Induction.
• Oversee departments database and paper record handling processes.
• Process pension information to the pension providers systems with no errors, based on payroll deduction reports.
• Send payment reports to third party suppliers following close of monthly payroll cycle
The ideal candidate will have:
• Previous HR and Payroll experience
• A Certificate in Personnel Practice or CIPD Foundation Certificate
• Experience working as a HR Assistant
• Working understanding of Employment Law
• The ability to work autonomously without close supervision
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
• Good Negotiation skills
• Meticulous attention to detail
What you will receive in return:
• An attractive basic salary
• 28 days holidays + Bank holidays (pro rata)
• Quarterly site bonus which is KPI led
• Working Monday – Friday with an early finish on Friday
If you have experience and are interested in applying for this role please click apply below