REED Human Resources are delighted to be partnering on an exclusive basis with a successful and established manufacturing business in Newcastle on the appointment of a new HR Advisor to join their team. This is a really exciting newly-created opportunity that has been formed following a recent acquisition to support the HR Manager.
This is a full-time and permanent role offering £25,000 per annum.
Their package includes; 12:30pm Friday finishes, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, training from a supportive HR Manager and a developing HR role.
- Act as the first point of contact for employee relations queries for line managers and supervisors.
- Provide advice and guidance on all HR policies and procedures, employment issues and legislation.
- Assist with bringing together policies and procedures.
- Coordinating and assisting with the induction process for new starters.
- Updating and maintaining all records appropriately.
- Conducting investigations, disciplinaries and grievances with relevant manager in a timely manner.
- Support the HR Manager to continually look for opportunities for improvement.
- Drive positive change within the HR team.
- Assist with note taking where applicable.
- Support on general HR queries.
- Assisting with recruitment activities such as compiling job descriptions, contracts and offers.
- Maintaining the payroll system and help ensure all deadlines are met.
- Answering staff queries on wages and deductions.
- HR Officer/Advisor experience.
- HR experience within manufacturing or industrial environment would be desirable.
- Previous Payroll experience.
- Flexible approach is essential.
- Good planning, organisational skills, and attention to detail.
- Strength in character and able to manage challenging situations when needed.
This will be a 2 stage interview process commencing with Microsoft Teams interviews on Thurs 4th March and Fri 5th March with a March 2021 start available. Please apply ASAP to be considered.