I am very excited to be representing a landmark Hotel based in Newcastle, who are looking to recruit a General Manager to join their team.
With a Salary of £40,000-£50,000 plus an attractive bonus and benefits package!
The ideal applicant will be able to demonstrate entrepreneurial flair, engage and motivate an effective service driven team, enjoys the challenge of maximising growth and will relish the opportunity to lead the operational development of this great property.
This role will particularly suit someone who has worked for a more independent, rather than corporate organisation, in the past.
Key responsibilities include:
- Ensure sales opportunities are maximised across all revenue streams so ARR and occupancy are as high as possible without compromising customer satisfaction.
- Ensuring operational service standards are second to none and our guests’ experience exceptional levels of genuine care.
- Review current staff and ensure that within a six-month period we have an effective, professional and reliable workforce
- Drive standards across the site to ensure the venue is synonymous with quality.
- Continually challenge the norm and make suggestions to the Board of Directors reference changes in operation which could lead to increases in revenue and/or profitability.
- To have a pro-active approach to sales and marketing ensuring the hotel is positioned appropriately within the market place, supported by a strategic sales plan to ensure market penetration and maximum exposure is generated in all target markets.
- Implement robust Revenue Management disciplines and ensure sound commercial decisions are made in all aspects of the business.
- GP and Wage % analysis and control.
- P&L accountability, controlling costs and achieving budgeted EBITDA.
The Required Skills
- An excellent understanding of revenue management of both bedrooms and meeting space and bar/restaurant.
- Strong leadership skills to motivate and develop your team.
- Ability to work well under pressure whilst managing all aspects of the team.
- Experienced in rate management, functions and weddings with the ability to keep standards to the highest levels with an eye for the detail.
- Able to build and develop excellent rapport with the local business community to generate new and repeat business.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships at all levels – both internal and external.
- Strong communication skills – both verbal and written.
- A positive mentality and the ability to think on your feet
- A desire to challenge the norm and continually improve the operation/offering.
- Salary £40 - £50k (dependent on experience) plus bonuses and company benefits
- 28 days including bank holidays
- Company Pension Scheme