Reed Education are pleased to be working in partnership with Staffordshire University to help provide paid experience in local schools to graduates looking to train as a teacher.
As a trusted name across the UK, Reed Education are specialists in providing work in a variety of different roles within the sector, with our most popular roles for graduates being those of Cover Supervisors or Teaching Assistants.
Could this be the right route for me?
- If you are looking at training as a teacher in the future, experience in the sector can be invaluable in helping you to know you are taking the right step.
- Every school is different, and you will be supported throughout your work with Reed Education by expert consultants who know the schools and will work to help you find the right environment.
- This is particularly popular as a route into a Secondary School, you can benefit from wider classroom experience to go alongside your specialist subject knowledge.
- Many people secure voluntary work in a school to see whether this could suit them, however that won’t be realistic for everyone, and so this route offering paid work can help to start your career.
- Through Reed Education’s link with Staffordshire University, we will go the extra mile by helping to support you in your PGCE application and maintaining contact with the right people to help you to progress your career in teaching.
What do these roles entail?
- Work as a Cover Supervisor or Teaching Assistant is most readily available on a day-to-day basis, giving you a huge amount of flexibility over the hours you work. That said, there is a large amount of work available and many people are securing 5 days’ work each week in local schools.
- As a Cover Supervisor, you will be responsible for managing the classroom in the absence of the normal teacher. You won’t be required to plan or mark work, but as you would be working across the school it is a great way of seeing the different styles and behaviour management strategies that are in place.
- As a Teaching Assistant, your role would be to support individual or groups of students, whether the need is a behavioural issue or if the individual has special needs.
Working for Reed Education can provide you with a range of benefits whilst you gain experience, including:
- Weekly pay offered at a competitive rate
- Choice over how you wish to be paid- through an Umbrella company, or through ourselves as a PAYE employee, giving you control of your finances.
- A specialist consultant with 11 years’ experience who will deal with you exclusively and provide you with additional support such as CV writing, interview guidance and honest feedback.
- Support with your application to the PGCE through our relationship with Staffordshire University if you decide to pursue this route.
- Access to CPD including Safeguarding training, PREVENT and Team Teach.
- Reed Benefits including access to various insurances and discounts.
- Refer a friend scheme of £100 per referral.
- Access to our pension scheme.
Apply Now to Claire Seeley at Reed Education to discuss how we can help.