Graduate Role – Investment Banking
Repo & Secured Funding Credit & EM Trading
A European Investment Bank based in London are seeking a Graduate to work within Repo & Secured Funding Credit & EM Trading team. This role would be for a graduate with a STEM degree looking for a future career as a Trader. This will be paying £55000 + Bonus + Excellent Benefits .
The Repo and Secured Funding business line, within the Global Markets Division, is looking for graduate-level candidate to join its Credit and Emerging Markets team in London. The role would involve:
1) assisting senior traders with daily tasks such as P&L calculations and risk monitoring
2) making prices to clients on Repo and Secured Funding transactions
3) automation work in VBA or Python
4) assisting senior traders with the pricing and execution of structured transactions
The ideal candidate would have a post-graduate degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) subject. Strong problem-solving and creative thinking skills are a pre-requisite. A native or fluent level of English is expected to be spoken.
Strategy and Business Planning
• Market making for customers in Repo & Secured Funding Credit & EM Trading.
• Execute transactions in accordance with established risk management procedures and risk parameters.
• Formulate trading strategy and relate these to market opportunities.
• Be aware of all economic and financial data likely to affect the market and keep updated on market changes.
• Take views on future market developments and advise sales accordingly.
• Provide product pricing for both new products as well as specific client transactions. Pricing must ensure that the Bank is adequately compensated for the level of principal risk and the amount of balance sheet it dedicates to specific transactions.
• Keep abreast of the markets by reading the financial press and available economic research.
• Input all executed trades directly into the Front Office Systems in a timely manner
Degree, preferably in a Mathematical / Scientific area, or A-levels followed by appropriate market relevant working
Competencies / Skills Required:
• Team oriented.
• Excellent communication skills and able to coordinate effectively with other Senior Managers, Sales, Structurers and Quants.
• Ability to think quickly, make decisions using good judgement and prioritise in busy trading situations.
• Ability to remain calm under pressure.
• IT literate.
• Thorough knowledge of financial derivatives including market liquidity (ability to enter or exit a position) and volatility (magnitude / speed of price change), pricing and trading/hedging strategies.
• Strong numerical, analytical and spreadsheet skills.