Southend on Sea is only 40 minutes from the City of London, and has two mainline railway stations. Property prices, and rental costs, are far lower than they are in London, and we enjoy seven miles of beaches, and a fantastic International airport.
The maximum salary of £33,323 includes an additional market supplement.
• Providing pre-application advice and guidance to internal and external customers
• The processing of planning and related applications
• Conducting site visits
• Degree in town or urban planning, geography or similar
• Ability to organise and manage own workload to deadlines
• A genuine desire to develop a career in Planning
• Full driving licence required
The Council is an equal opportunities employer. They welcome applications, regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, sex, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, age or religion or belief. All applications will be considered solely on merit.