A Milton Keynes and Northampton Education Trust are looking for a Finance Officer to join their finance team. This position will contribute to the running of the finances for a range of schools throughout Milton Keynes and Northampton.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Providing Financial advise to the schools' management teams.
- Maintenance and operation of the schools' finance function and all of the financial information are with strict adherence to accounting principles and legislation
- Preparation of monthly accounts for audit
- Maintenance of the Assets Register, and all capital expenditure is identified
- Preparation of monthly payroll information, and liaison with headteacher on overtime and that all data and the control account are reconciled
- Approving BACS payment runs and bank reconciliations
- Working with the headteacher on annual budget and close liaison with the headteacher for preparation to present to Governors.
- Any other ad hoc work or duties relevant
Skill set /Experience
- AAT Qualified (desirable)
- CIMA/ACCA PQ (desirable)
- Experience in an academy or school finance environment
- Experience in production of company accounts
- Use of the PSF/BSP/Orovia/SIMS software (desirable)
- Presentation of information for review to management
- Technical competency across Microsoft Excel
- Committed and Enthusiastic
- Shows initiative
- Co-operative and flexible
- Questioning and challenging
- Suitability to work in a school environment
- Sense of humour