My client who is based in Godalming is looking for a qualified Finance Manager to provide effective financial management to the Company and associated companies and financial advice to the board of Directors.
• Processing all financial transactions through the Company accounting systems in a prompt, accurate and efficient manner. Ensure all control accounts are reconciled.
• Preparing comprehensive quarterly management accounts, balance sheet and cash flow statements. Preparing variance analysis of actual to budget, last year etc.
• Prepare comprehensive annual operating P/l, balance sheet and cash flow budgets. Prepare forecasts by updating the budgets on a regular basis.
• Negotiate any overdrafts/loans with banks.
• Managing the cash position of the Company to ensure it remains within any overdraft limits.
• Managing the debt position of the Company to ensure that it complies with any Loan agreements and remains within its loan covenants.
• Provide regular cash report to the Directors’.
• Prepare Statutory Financial Statements and comprehensive audit file. This will include draft tax computations etc. Ensure Financial Statements are filed with Companies House.
• Operate the Company’s internet bank accounts to the appropriate levels of security.
• Organise efficient debt collection processes. Discuss delinquent debtors with Project Managers/Directors to resolve any debt collection issues.
• Ensure efficient payment of creditors and suppliers.
• Ensure all staff are paid correctly. Supply information to the payroll processor at the appropriate time.
• Monitor employees mileage expense claims to ensure they receive the correct mileage rates and claims are paid promptly.
• Monitor employees expense claims to ensure prompt submission with the correct receipts and are paid regularly. Reconcile Mastercard expenses to Mastercard statements.
• Make all payments of PAYE, NI and VAT to HMRC within payment deadlines
• Monitor VAT inputs/outputs to ensure the correct returns and payments to HMRC on the correct dates.
• Review foreign contracts to decide if VAT registration in foreign countries is required. If so, organize VAT registrations and submit VAT returns.
• Review foreign contracts for local taxation purposes eg Saudi Arabia. If so, organize appropriate registrations, WHT certificates and prepare appropriate returns. Claim any withholding tax from UK tax authorities.
• Arrange for any performance/deposit bonds required by any contract. Apply to bankers. Decide if UKEF support is required and prepare all applications/documentation/forecasts required.
• Liaise with Auditors, HMRC, Bankers, UKEF, and any other advisors/agencies as required.
• Advise Directors as required.
• Ad hoc duties as required.
This would suit someone who is ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified.