Reed Finance are currently supporting a unique SME organisation near Newbury in the leisure sector to recruit a part time Finance Manager.
This role requires someone to work around 30 hours per week and these hours can be spread over 4 or 5 days to suit.
This organisation is set in spectacular surroundings and whilst they are currently working from home, when you do return to the office will be a great place to work.
This Finance Manager role will join the senior management team and work closely with other senior managers to fulfil the responsibilities of providing a highly effective and efficient financial structure.
The Finance Manager will be responsible for budgetary control, treasury management, financial reporting and risk management of the organisation. They will also be responsible for the efforts, results, and success of their department. You will also manage a small team of 2.
- Lead the formulation and development of innovative strategic approaches to the financial resourcing of the organisation to support the Strategic Plan.
- Ensure effective treasury management and investment, securing the best returns while minimising risk and always ensuring sound cash flow.
- Ensure the effective preparation of the financial Statements each year and lead engagement with the external auditors.
- Ensure that budget leads have timely management accounts and reports of expenditure against budgets in a form that best allows them to manage their budgets effectively.
- Ensure all staff understand financial practices and procedures, especially as relevant to their role and budget, where relevant.
- Provide management accounts and budget reforecasts with commentary for Board and Senior Management.
- Responsible for tax and VAT compliance, including the audit of Gift Aid returns, business rates, etc. This includes submitting tax returns and tax claim submission.
- Ensure the organisation is aware of the external policy and legislative environment in which it operates and work with HODs to manage the risks and opportunities.
- Oversee the identification of developments to improve Finance ICT provision and support implementation as resources allow.
- Deputise as Company Secretary for the organisation and subsidiaries.
To be considered for this position you will ideally be a qualified accountant with a broad range of experience from SME settings, especially from leisure related sectors. However, those qualified by experience will also be considered.
The FTE salary for this role is up to £50k however 30 hours per week are required and the prorated salary is up to £40k plus benefits.
Does this sound like you? Are interested in the creative/leisure sectors and can you work 30 hours per week? If so apply now!