Reed Finance are supporting a school based near Thame to recruit a Finance Manager on a 13 month maternity cover contract.
This role work circa 30 hours per week term time only plus 2 weeks (inset days) during the summer holidays.
Reporting to the school business manager you will be responsible for a team of 2 staff and will be required to hold or obtain a DBS check. The role -
- To manage the month end process including preparation of monthly management accounts to trial balance ensuring that all entries are correctly authorised and coded
- To assist in the preparation of detailed external reporting as required to meet both statutory and non statutory requirements
- Assist in the preparation of the annual budget and periodic forecasts in conjunction with budget holders including appropriate analysis and testing of any proposals.
- To analyse monthly performance versus plan including the use of key performance indicators and to work with budget holders to identify any remedial actions necessary to resolve any variances
- To ensure that quarterly VAT returns are completed and submitted by the deadlines as set by HMRC
- To ensure that all control accounts are maintained in accordance with internal procedures including reconciliation of all bank accounts, procurement cards and monthly payroll records
- To manage the debtors and creditor records, ensuring that balances are accurate and that any receipts or payments are managed in accordance with the financial procedures and cashflow requirements
- To manage the monthly payroll on Edupay, ensuring all contract changes and payroll claims are processed, gross to net checks are completed and BACs files are produced and imported by the monthly cut off.
- To deal with any queries arising from HMRC, TPS, LGPS and third parties as required.
- To work with internal and external auditors as required and to implement any recommendations following any reviews
- To maintain the gift aid database and submit monthly claims to HMRC
- To provide analysis of fundraising income and donations to the Development Manager when requested
- To lead the finance team by setting high personal and professional standards including objective setting, appraisals and identification of training and development needs
This position has a FTE salary of between £42k and £45.8k which when pro rated down is equivalent to £31 - £33.3k based on term time hours and circa 30 hours per week.
Ideally you will be a qualified accountant, however applicants who are stop studiers and qualified by experience will also be considered. Experience working in a school/education is an advantage but not compulsory.
If this role might be of interest please apply now