My client who are a global real estate developer are looking to appoint a Finance Director to manage all aspects of UK finance. They require an experienced finance professional who can lead the finance department, manage external finance relationships and support the senior leadership team on strategic direction, this is due to a strong development pipeline and ambitious growth plans.
This role requires a fully qualified Accountant with 5 years property development experience and strong relationships within the UK corporate finance market.
- Lead on external financing for projects including development/investment funding, taking responsibility for deal structuring, negotiations and execution
- Producing robust models, analysis and advise on the financial implications of major projects, focused on deal structure, tax, investment risks and key return measures
- Implementation of standardised board reports & pack for SLT and group
- Leading on the design and delivery of sensitivity and scenario analysis on major projects and assessment of the viability of potential exit strategies.
- Review and development of regular financial reports incorporating project performance, revenue and profit realisation timelines and advising on and monitoring of corrective action plans
- Ensuring timely, clear and accurate development cash flow information to report to treasury
- Ensuring compliance with statutory, tax and financing rules & regulations and leading on the tax strategy for UK development and formulate efficient tax structures
- Managing ongoing relationships with external parties which includes lenders, investors, auditors, tax advisors and HMRC etc.
- Managing and developing team of local & regional FCs, overseeing a team comprising of 7 direct/indirect reports
- Creating, reviewing and updating financial policies and procedures and approving purchase commitments and bank payments
- Participation in general contract negotiations
Key Experiences & Skills needed
- Fully Qualified Accountant with a strong academic track record
- 5 years plus property development experience
- Detailed knowledge of leveraged/cashflow lending and excellent understanding of other banking products such as asset-based lending
- Excellent and detailed understanding of banking documentation and legal structuring of development/construction debt finance and corporate finance transactions
- Detailed knowledge of complex multinational group structures including offshore entities
- Capability to influence and work alongside senior management teams, including owner managed and private equity backed companies
- Experience of financial modelling of debt structures
- Excellent relationships in the UK corporate finance market, with particularly with local lenders and international banks
- Commercial curiosity and demonstrable interest in corporate finance
- High level interpersonal and confidence skills and ability to deliver and work effectively in a team
- Excellent commercial judgement and able to grasp commercial issues quickly
- High level analytical skills and ability to think laterally & creatively to solve problems with a focus on detail and time commitments
- Ability to represent company at senior meetings
This role will offer a competitive salary and package for the right candidate. You will need to be a qualified accountant, with property/real estate development and corporate finance experience who has relationships with lender or banks in the UK.