Reed HR are currently working alongside an Educational Institute based in North London who are recruiting for an experienced Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Business Partner.
This role will support, promote and celebrate the development and embedding of an inclusive culture, practice and ways of working. You will support and coordinate the drafting, implementation and evaluation of the companies strategy and plans working with the Executive Leadership Team (ELT), EDI committee, staff, networks and your People team colleagues.
Key Skills and Accountabilities
- Support and coordinate the drafting, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of EDI strategy and plan across the organization.
- Lead on a number of EDI/people projects, delivering to agreed outcomes, milestones and timescales
- Take the lead role on the Disability Confident Scheme to ensure we continue to maintain our Leader status by staying up to date with any developments on the scheme and project managing/actioning items on our agreed action plan
- Ensure the leadership principles that we have agreed to with ACEVO are maintained and updated as we progress
- Translating EDI activity into people policy, processes and ways of working in line with legislation and best practice
- Development with multi stakeholders a set of behaviours and professional standards that underpin our value of “valuing difference” and ensure these are ritualized and embedded across the organization
- Review and develop our EDI training programme, so it dovetails with the key strategies within the organisation, underpins our values and behaviours of “valuing difference”
- Deliver or facilitate the delivery of EDI training to staff ensuring it is high quality and relevant. All training to be evaluated and records maintained of training on the HR database.
- Actively contribute, promote and lead on EDI and be an Ambassador on all EDI activities
- Develop strong relationships with multiple stakeholders
Work closely with our communication team to ensure we have a robust communication strategy and our EDI work is understood/embeds into our organisational culture
- Support the Head of People with the EDI committee and play a critical role in coordinating and planning the agreed outcomes from the committee.
- Support the EDI committee with recruiting new members and ensuring they have a robust induction and onboarding to the roles and responsibilities
- You will provide EDI updates to the Staff Council and get their feedback.