Our client is based in Northampton are they are urgently seeking two new members in their busy Communications team to deliver their priority COVID-19 communications plan. You will also be responsible for creating and deploying communications to support engagement with and communication of our other Council priorities.
If you thrive in a busy environment, are proactive, a positive and supportive team player, enjoy working on multiple different projects, are creative and want to use that in a way that your work makes a meaningful difference, then we would love to hear from you.
This is an ongoing temporary contract. Hourly pay rate £17.90 - Mon - Fri 37.35 hours working week
Responsibilities for Communications Officer
• Develop, write and edit marketing and communications materials, including press releases, stakeholder/Councillor briefings and social media content to a consistently high standard
• Respond to media inquiries and perform media outreach to achieve brand placement in publications
• Work with communications team members colleagues across the wider organisation to conceptualize and implement communications strategies and campaigns
• Promote communications and marketing materials through appropriate social channels
• Attend meetings (virtual and in person) and provide communications advice, own and develop action plans to deliver support as required.
• Develop escalation protocols for managing communication crises, should they arise
• Track analytics and create reports detailing successes and failures of communications campaigns
• Produce and share regular work update reports and briefs for relevant audiences
• Ensure that all communications and marketing material aligns with corporate brand standards
• Maintain digital media archives including photos and videos
Qualifications & Experience for Communications Officer
• 2+ years prior experience in a communications or marketing role
• Must possess exceptional writing skills and be able to compose engaging and accurate content
• Strong communicator who works well independently and with a team
• Superior time management skills and the ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously
• Knowledge of Adobe PhotoShop, InDesign, and Illustrator is an asset
• Must be resourceful and take initiative even when given minimal direction
• Ability to think under pressure and identify ways to improve communication efforts
• Understand the best practices of main social media channels including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
• Knowledge of and ability to use media management platforms such as Hootsuite and Veulio
• Understanding of communications, public relations and marketing best practices
If you feel you have the skills and experience and are immediately available for work, then please send your CV to wendy.eckerley@reed .com or call me on 01908 660057 immediately