Our client is looking for a Bookkeeper with Sage 50 and payroll experience. You will be responsible for overseeing the company's financial data and compliance by maintaining accurate books on accounts payable and receivable, payroll, and daily financial entries and reconciliations. They perform daily accounting tasks such as monthly financial reporting, general ledger entries, and record payments and adjustments.
What will it entail?
- Balancing and maintaining accurate ledgers
- Matching purchase orders with invoices
- Co-ordinating bank deposits
- Monitoring office expenses and tallying & entering cash receipts
- Paying supplier invoices
- Tracking bank account balances
- Producing monthly financial statements, including cash flow, profit and loss statements and balance sheets
- Preparing quarterly and monthly tax returns
- Producing financial results on a regular basis to management
- General office administrative duties
What skills and experience do I need?
- Experience working in Sage 50 accounts payable and receivable, general ledger, payroll and payroll reports
- Strong knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
- Extensive experience with data entry, record keeping and computer operation
- Proficiency in Sage 50 stock control including new stock input with complexed BOM
- Experience in services related to payroll such as writing cheques and submitting payroll taxes
- Strong understanding of business and income tax worksheets and computations
- Stock control in the manufacturing environment is beneficial
What is in it for you?
- A friendly relaxed working environment
- Casual dress code
- Competitive salary
- Performance related bonus
- Profit sharing scheme
- 20 days holiday plus statutory
- Pension scheme
- Company events (when allowed)
- On-site parking
Please note – part time hours may be considered – a minimum of 4 days per week.
If you have a good background in a similar role, are used to thinking on your feet and finding solutions, then please apply on-line immediately!